ALPFA-UMD Student Chapter
We are the Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA) at the University of Maryland. As one of the first student chapters in the DC Metropolitan area, ALPFA-UMD has made it its mission to help grow diverse leaders on campus and in the future workforce. We are catered to but definitely not limited to Latinos. Our membership comprises of a variety of ethnicities, backgrounds, and majors.
Our chapter is committed to promoting diversity, beyond race, ethnicities and gender, as well as providing professional growth and development opportunities to our members. We pride ourselves on helping to grow diverse leaders on campus and in the future workforce.
- Resume Workshops
- Networking training and opportunities
- Public Speaking opportunities
- Leadership opportunities.... and MORE!!!
ALPFA is the largest Latino association for business professionals and students with chapters nationwide and over 19,000 members. ALPFA is dedicated to enhancing opportunities for Latinos and building leadership and career skills. ALPFA is a non-profit entity registered with the Internal Revenue Service. Membership is open to anyone who shares our values, vision, and mission.
Our mission is ambitious yet simple: to empower and develop Latino men and women into leaders of character for the nation, in every sector of the American economy. We are on a quest of empowering Latinos while, simultaneously, empowering America.
ALPFA creates opportunities, adds value, builds relationships for its members, the community and its business partners while expanding Latino leadership in the global workforce.
- We share a passionate commitment to increase opportunities for Latinos.
- We commit ourselves to honesty, integrity, and the highest professional and ethical standards.
- We are dedicated to the professional and personal growth of our members.
- We cultivate initiative and leadership within a spirit of teamwork.
- We believe in the power of networking – to create value for all our members and stakeholders.
- We nurture an environment that thrives on mentoring relationships.
- We value promotion and preservation of our bicultural heritage and bilingual skills.
- We embrace advocacy and community service
- We welcome the involvement of all who share our mission, vision, values and principles